I am a certified law enforcement officer in another state or with the federal government. Can I transfer this certification to Georgia?

If you are certified in another state or were a federal peace officer and have not had more than a three (3) year break in service, you may be eligible to exempt portions of the Georgia Basic Law Enforcement Training Course. If you feel that you meet this requirement,  you may request an equivalency rating from the Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training Council (POST). In your written request, you must include:

  1. Your basic course completion certificate
  2. A copy of your state-issued certification, and
  3. Law enforcement history (resume)

For more information contact the Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training Council.